Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY Dishwasher Detergent

I ran out of cheap & free dishwasher tabs so it was a good time to make my own.

I used the recipe posted by It'S jUst mY LiFe which can be found here

I included all the ingredients from the recipe and did not substitute any.  I also have been using vinegar for a few months already in the rinse aid spot (which by the way has made some of my black plastic scoops, that were white from hard water, black again!)

I have been using this for 4 days and find my dishes coming out just as clean as the store bought detergents.  We put everything in our dishwasher - pots and pans included!  I also have NEVER pre-washed dishes, we just scrape off the food and put them in.  

I have been using 2 scoops (using a baby formula scoop) - one in the prewash spot and one in the wash spot (for lack of better words lol).  A baby formula scoop is 8.5grams.

Now to just decorate my tin to make it look pretty (I'm re-using an old formula container).

No comments: