Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

I decided to try this recipe but I kinda switched it up a bit......I decided to also serve it over rice instead of pasta.


The original recipe can be found on the Year of Slow Cooking Blog


What I put in is as follows - the remainder of the cooking instructions is the same as the original recipe.


2 cans cream of chicken 
2 T italian seasoning
1T of Epicure french onion soup mix (plus another 1/2 t - because I was trying to do it from memory and did the 1/2 first)
1 T sugar
1t kosher salt
2t of epicure minced garlic (which is supposed to be equivalent to 2 cloves)
really large chicken breasts (which is why I did the 2 cans soup)
block of cream cheese

I took out 1 cup of the broth and added it to the rice (did 1 1/2 cups of rice - so 1 cup broth and 2 cups water) - so the rice was also flavoured a little

No comments: