Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clear Storage Drawer Pin



I saw a pin on pinterest on making your clear storage drawers pretty.   So I have a drawer (different than the one in the pin) that I wanted to use for hair ties/brushes etc and decided to give it a go!


My not so pretty plastic storage bin 
My trusty Making Memories trimmer and scrapbook paper (courtesy of my website)
I don't have modge podge in my house so I opted to water down some sobo glue.  No specific way - the first batch was good and the second too runny.
Glue on the inside before the paper.

Since my bins had quite an indent I needed to hand cut with a scissors to work around it. 
Tried to do the folds 2 different ways.   
and/or


This ended up being my preferred way to fold around


Glue over the paper again.
Waiting to dry

Finished project - OK I was too impatient to wait for it to dry completely.
Used some stickers to label the drawers.  Would have loved to use book plate style but I didn't have any self-adhesive ones.  For some reason I could NOT take a straight picture of it either (I tried many many times - the floor must be slanted or something).

No comments: