Friday, December 30, 2011

My version of 'Crack' Potatoes

I found this blog on of course Pinterest and thought this recipe looked good. My kids hate potatoes (as does my dh) so I 1/2'd the recipe and also substituted some items I didn't have in the house.

I couldn't find shredded hash browns when I got groceries so I bought tater tot style, and I didn't pick up bacon bits (so I used real bacon) and I didn't buy ranch dip mix (I used my epicure Herb and Garlic spice).

My recipe was
1/2 bag (1kg bag) of tater tot style hash browns
2 tbs of Epicure Herb and Garlic
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 tub sour cream
5 chopped up strips of bacon (baked in the oven) (mixed 2 pieces through the mix and sprinkled 3 of top)
Mixed sour cream, cheese, spices and bacon. Then mixed in the tater tots. Sprinkled the top with bacon and also decided to sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
Spread it in my glass casserole dish (8x11.5) and placed in the oven at 400 for 45 min.

(Bake bacon in the oven at 375 for 20 min and then 400 for 10 min)

Well, I forgot to take a picture before I scooped it up. DH said it was OK and the kids refused to try it....just lots of tears and screaming. I thought it was good.

1 comment:

Gardener said...

Hi Sylvia, added you to my list of blogs, because I am also planning to do the 52 week challenge in the New year. (It never occurred to me to start early!!!!)
As for Pinterest, lets just say that I spend more time looking at it, than actually doing any of the things I pin!

Cindy V.