Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Updating the Blog

Well what has happened here....

Cailyn lost ONE croc at the fireworks - never found it back......yes I was mad about that.....

Yesterday someone on freecycle offered crocs - I asked for them and am picking them up tonight. Hoping that they are 'real' ones too. They will be a little big on her - but hey I didn't have to buy them.

Our website has been doing pretty well - had a big sale for Canada Day/Independence day. We seem to get fairly steady orders lately.

Ordered business cards/post cards/address labels/stamp and magnets from Vistaprint. They offer free items.....well they offered more free than usual and with shipping it was less than what I paid for 250 business cards at a local store. I discovered during check out that ordering a bit extra (and paying for it) the shipping dropped by the same amount I was ordering extra. So for about $60 I received 1000 custom business cards, 250 free business cards (free ones say vista print on the back), 50 magnets, 100 postcards, 1 sticky note pad, 1 stamp, and 140 address labels. I ordered from the Canadian site - but after someone told me the US site was cheaper for shipping. The US site wasn't offering all these freebies - the total cost of the free items (that are not their usual free items...and the extras I bought were discounted was over $100) so ordering from the Canadian site was worth it. I paid for 21 day shipping and I ordered July 2nd and got the most of the order yesterday (and the rest today), so that's pretty good I think.

Jared is cruising and starting to crawl 'normal' (so not sliding on his belly as much). He eats everything he can find...leaves, paper etc. So vacuuming can happen all day...if he didn't scream everytime the vacuum was on.

Cailyn....well not much new....likes making puzzles and colouring...likes playing outside but the humidity it just aweful! Right now she's eating a treat of frozen peas....yes she thinks that's a treat (thanks to Aunt Margaret) and we are just going to leave it that way.

Scrapbooked this past Friday - got lots done and actually scrapbooked a little on Saturday (Gerald actually didn't work...but we had running around to do...so not a relaxing day). I'll post pictures later.

Ok ...so the truth.....this is why Jared is cross-eyed...... joking....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for an updated Blog! I had been checking for awhile and wondered what was new in your household! I am sorry to hear that Cailyn lost her croc. That sucks! Hopefully the one's on Freecycle are real though! Glad to hear that your sale went well. I am also glad to hear that Jared is cruising now! YAY! Keeps you on your toes though I bet! Yikes! I'm not overly looking forward to that stage yet but it is bound to happen at some point! I am glad to hear that things are going well with Cailyn! Funny that she thinks frozen peas are a treat though. Good to know when she comes here on the 23rd! LOL Lucky you too for being able to srapbook! I really wish I could sit down and do more work on mine but I have been too busy! Can't wait to get my Crop-a-dile though! I am really excited about it!

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Thanks for updating the blog! I have been checking and that hummingbird was getting to me ;o) Seriously, great to see an update. How awesome that you got to scrapbook and you always get so much done. Jenny and I are hoping to scrapbook sometime this summer...want to join us??