Friday, December 8, 2006

Adventures in Slumberland

Have to keep the bedtime posts (for Rachel - since Caden's kinda reminds me of Cailyn at that age (for sleeping at least)...she needs to know what to expect in the terrible twos).

Anyways, we attempted bedtime at a good hour. I even gave her a bath before bed to help make her tired (she had a shower earlier in the day). Anyways, Gerald "manned" the bed but of course she came out. She was quite hyper still, so I let her play about 1/2 hour and then made it bedtime again. Well in and out of bed over and over as usual. Gerald was tired and instead of falling asleep in the couch like he usually does he went to bed at 9:30 - so I convinced Cailyn to go in our bed. She got out once to have her diaper changed, all of a sudden I hear her yell "mom clean diaper" I wasn't in the room with the change table, and there she is laying on the change table with a clean diaper on hand and the other one half off. It was a legit wet diaper - so I changed her and sent her back to bed. It has been quiet for a bit now so here's hoping she's asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully she gets used to her "big bed" soon! I can't imagine going through that for every nap and bedtime. I've been blessed with really good sleepers, so I should try not to take it for granted...

Laura said...

That is definitely not fun and I am sorry that she is being so difficult. Let's hope that she will sleep well soon and get used to that bed!