Thursday, March 8, 2007

Seems like everyone is sick....

I took Jared in for his shots today. He's had a cold for over a week and figured I'd have his chest checked first to make sure it hadn't settled in. He had a fever on Friday, but with some tempra and cool cloths I got the fever down within an hour. Anyways He has a double ear infection my Dr said that was the most fiery red you'd ever see in an ear - he was going to let me see but Jared didn't like him looking and he has bronchitis. The Dr asked if he had choked on anything - I said No since I don't recall...after I thought about it a few times he did sound like he was choking on his own phlegm. So he's on antibiotics now and won't get his shots for a couple weeks. He has been amazingly happy all things considered. Friday till about Monday he wasn't really himself but didn't cry too much more - he just didn't smile easily.

Anyways he's 16lbs 3oz and almost 27" long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor little guy! :0( I'm surprised he wasn't more fussy considering the double ear infection and bronchitis. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon - my kids usually perk up quite a bit on the 2nd day of the antibiotics for ear infections.

Sylvia said...

I know you'd think he'd be pulling at his ears or something. I had been giving him tempra occasionally because of his cough (figured if he was achy or something) guess that helped a bit.

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Looks like you might have a good sick kid. Hope Jared feels better real soon.