Tuesday, March 27, 2007

21 day challenge

So lately I haven't really been "watching" Oprah...either a repeat or just doesn't interest me. Well I caught a little piece of today's Oprah...and thought that this is something WE (as in all of us reading this!) should do.

A minister started a challenge to his congregation to NOT complain for 21 days. If you complain you start over (they wore a bracelet and the goal was to keep in on the same wrist for 21 days).

I just thought about how we are all guilty of complaining - when we really have some pretty insignificant things to complain about.

Since I brought this forward I'll probably be the worst at doing it ;) But I thought that it's something to blog about that we can all think about......

2 comments:

Laura said...

You know, that is a really neat idea. However, I think that right now I would be very terrible at it! I complain every day about this pregnancy even though I know that I shouldn't. Then, once the baby is born I am sure that I will be complaining about how fast the pregnancy went and how I should not have been wanting this baby out so soon!

Anonymous said...

Good idea Sylvia! You're right, we do complain a lot about insignificant things. Maybe every time we're about to complain about something, we should try to think of something that we can be thankful for instead...